- - - - -

Wanted: ATV friendly campground

13 replies to this topic

#1 Murminator

• Members
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:41 AM

Thinking about going out camping and quadding with another couple this weekend need some suggestions. The only requests is it must have a shower, and maybe some easier riding they are new to quadding and I don't think they have doubled before, I have had him out a few times he seems to be really good on his own. I been to Elinor lake a couple times don't really want to go again so soon. I remember reading a forum somewhere about an arguement between a woman and a campsite operator but cannot seem to find it I thought it had "adventure" in the name.
Oh if anyone else wants to come out and join us you are more than welcome. :D

#2 Molsondrinkr

The Incredible Bulk

• Premium Member
  • 3,048 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:45 AM

We have camped out at Emte Town a couple of times. You can quad right from your site. It does have free showers and the place was clean enough. Only thing about the showers was it was dark. No big deal to me but maybe to a lady?. Unless your in overflow, the sites were pretty standard.

It's in the Alder flats area, so the quadding was good, we didn't come across to many hills. And the trails were decent. You can get to the north sask. river in about an hour of riding.

http://www.emtetown.com/

I would also be interested to hear of some other campgrounds that are atv friendly for future reference.

Later
Molsondrinkr

#3 uru

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:14 PM

http://www.wildernessvillage.ca/

and

http://www.outwestcamping.com/

#4 Murminator

• Members
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

I found it Outwest http://www.atvcanada.ca/forum/showflat.php...age/0#Post38361

Thanks for the other ones Uru and M.D.

#5 uru

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:22 PM

no problem!

#6 decalsnorth

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:51 PM

Do you have to stay at Emtee town or are there other places out by Alder flats to stay, like random camping?

#7 Canuckle

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:48 PM

I am mostly only familiar with the Campsites between Rocky Mountain House and Nordegg. Most are run by Camp and Fun Adventures. Most have limited or no hookups and I can't think of any that have showers. Many are atv friendly if you like random camping.

Basic idea is they run a small campsite a few click off the highway and everyone random camps along the road for free. Saunders is especially popular with the atv crowd. (outhose provided for random campers) You cannot ride in any of the campgrounds but random campers are camping right on the trails.

Canuckle.

#8 ILuvDirt

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:14 PM

how are they for liking the dirtbikes? I am becoming increasingly aware that 2 wheels are discriminated against

Canuckle, on Aug 29 2006, 09:48 PM, said:

I am mostly only familiar with the Campsites between Rocky Mountain House and Nordegg.  Most are run by  Camp and Fun Adventures.  Most have limited or no hookups and I can't think of any that have showers.  Many are atv friendly if you like random camping. 

Basic idea is they run a small campsite a few click off the highway and everyone random camps along the road for free.  Saunders is especially popular with the atv crowd. (outhose provided for random campers)  You cannot ride in any of the campgrounds but random campers are camping right on the trails.
Canuckle.

View Post

#9 Canuckle

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:29 PM

I think the camp and fun campsites are actually the provincial campsites. (not sure how that works, maybe they were privatized or something) The means there are official looking NO OPERATION of OHV signs at the gate of every campground. Random camping is free for all and most anything goes.

There are a lot of conservation officers in the area so keep that in mind. I ride with Dirt Bikes often and havn't seen any problems but make sure you have insurance and registration. Dirt Bikes are the first thing they check.

Canuckle

#10 ILuvDirt

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:32 PM

thanks! I know, we are a HUGE heatscore... and the cons. officers seem to like to torment me!! :( we are all legal though... so no prob there

Canuckle, on Aug 30 2006, 03:29 PM, said:

I think the camp and fun campsites are actually the provincial campsites.  (not sure how that works, maybe they were privatized or something)  The means there are official looking NO OPERATION of OHV signs at the gate of every campground.  Random camping is free for all and most anything goes.

There are a lot of conservation officers in the area so keep that in mind.  I ride with Dirt Bikes often and havn't seen any problems but make sure you have insurance and registration.  Dirt Bikes are the first thing they check.

Canuckle

View Post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users