Photo
- - - - -

Your best place to park an RV, camp, and let the kids ride dirt-bikes?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nolagtime

nolagtime
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:39 AM

We have recently taught our kids to ride dirtbikes, and would like to incorporate that with camping on weekends. Who is looking for or is doing the same? Where is a good place to camp - not too far from Edmonton/Spruce Grove, where it is legal or at least approved for camping and for the kids to ride? We don't need a track, or even a huge area, but somewhere safe that we can let them have fun, keep an eye on them, and somewhere nice to enjoy RV'ing? Am I asking for the impossible?

If no such thing exists close by, would there be sufficient demand for such a place? If so, what amenities, or must-haves should be in place? I have 130 acres of land within 30 minutes of west Edmonton that would be ideal for setting up a "recreational" retreat. Please post if you have idea's, know of such places, or have questions. Good day!

#2 deathwobble

deathwobble
  • Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:55 AM

PM me. I have the perfect place for you. Its 20 bucks all day and you can camp, quad, dirt bike... There is a kids MX track and one for the big kids. Lots of trails and well run. Its privately owned and located out by St. Francis. We do our ATV training out there. Its perfect for what you are looking for!

Charles

DWR

#3 wesnfamily

wesnfamily
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:06 AM

There is a place about 30 mins north of Weslock that is an RV and ATV park. They were charging $10 last year to ride for the day. Can't remember the name of it but will keep looking. A closer place would be great....

#4 Murminator

Murminator
  • Members
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:15 PM

There is a place about 30 mins north of Weslock that is an RV and ATV park. They were charging $10 last year to ride for the day. Can't remember the name of it but will keep looking. A closer place would be great....

Think it's call Rocky Top RV/ATV park

#5 06dvx

06dvx
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

Bill and Debs is a good place to go for sure. Not sure if they allow fires tho as I have never camped out there. Bill does alot of volunteer work for the AOTMX and runs a great place to relax and ride.(St.Francis)

#6 rockytopatv

rockytopatv
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

[quote name='nolagtime' date='26 May 2010 - 07:39 AM' timestamp='1274881167' post='112334']
We have recently taught our kids to ride dirtbikes, and would like to incorporate that with camping on weekends. Who is looking for or is doing the same? Where is a good place to camp - not too far from Edmonton/Spruce Grove, where it is legal or at least approved for camping and for the kids to ride? We don't need a track, or even a huge area, but somewhere safe that we can let them have fun, keep an eye on them, and somewhere nice to enjoy RV'ing? Am I asking for the impossible?

If no such thing exists close by, would there be sufficient demand for such a place? If so, what amenities, or must-haves should be in place? I have 130 acres of land within 30 minutes of west Edmonton that would be ideal for setting up a "recreational" retreat. Please post if you have idea's, know of such places, or have questions. Good day!
[/quote

#7 rockytopatv

rockytopatv
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

[quote name='rockytopatv' date='02 June 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1275536326' post='112682']
[quote name='nolagtime' date='26 May 2010 - 07:39 AM' timestamp='1274881167' post='112334']

[/quote
[/quote]
We have just the place that you are looking for! Our name is Rocky Top Atv Park. We are about a half hour north of Westlock. We just opened our doors last year. We are privately owned. You can visit us on the web at www.rockytopatvpark.com. We would love to share with you all the "things" that we ran into when starting. Give us a call... :thumbsup2:

#8 wesnfamily

wesnfamily
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

Hey Rockytopatv. How much land do you have for riding and is there places to go off your site... ie trails, etc. Any riding maps available? What kind of terrain?

#9 rockytopatv

rockytopatv
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:32 PM

Hey Rockytopatv. How much land do you have for riding and is there places to go off your site... ie trails, etc. Any riding maps available? What kind of terrain?

www.rockytopatvpark.com We have a variety of skill levels for everyone. We have between 25 and 30 km on the place and the terrain is varied from flat to hills to muck and rolling land.

#10 unfcknblvabl

unfcknblvabl
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

We are thinking of going to Rob where is a good place to park a 5th whell and a motor home,not worried about a campground,just a nice spot in the trees somewhere,never been there yet directions would help alot Thank you ahead of time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users